What is keeping you from completing (or starting) the book that’s been on your heart and mind (maybe for years…)?
Does God keep prompting you to write, but you keep putting it off until you “have time”?
Would time away with professional writers (and no dishes) make a difference when it comes to making progress?
And what about spending time away talking, connecting, and dreaming with other writers?
the Red House Writing Retreat is just the place to get away from distraction and let you focus on the writer God placed inside of you.
We are professional writers who have facilitated numerous getaways, so we know what it takes to have a successful writers retreat, and it’s all included.
Just bring your writing project and yoga pants. We’ll take care of the rest.
The Writing at the Red House retreats happen several times per year, each with a different focus.
Our retreats are perfect for writers who want feedback and training on best practices.
We invite a writing expert to join our writers staying at the Red House.
To find out which retreat is right for you, check out our upcoming events.
- Great meals and discussions with other writers (all meals are included except dinner on Wednesday night at a local restaurant)
- Mornings to work on your writing
- Writer’s rewards: evening activities to honor your hard work
- Afternoons of Instruction from Kathi and the Writer in Residence
- Group discussion and feedback on your writing.
* Transportation to and from Sacramento International Airport (SMF) can be arranged for a nominal fee. For airport pick up, flights need to arrive by 3 PM. For airport drop-off, flights need to leave after 3 PM to arrive two hours ahead of the flight.*
Have questions? Email us at:
Each comfortable and cozy space in the Red House is perfect for writing. You’ll find lots of room for focus and inspiration.
Is there anything better than a fire in the mountains? We meet at the fire pit every night for conversation and a warm drink.
Our retreats are postponed due to COVID. We have been busy working to make the Red House experience even better when you get here! We are hopeful and excited to resume. We are collecting inquiries for 2021.
If you have any questions or would like information, please email email@example.com.
Want your proposal to stand out among all the others an editor will see? Spend three days with author Kathi Lipp working on all aspects of your proposal: from summaries to descriptions, and marketing to platform.
6 Spots Left
Do you have a true story to write? Learn from industry experts and featured writers in residence, Susy Flory and Kathi Lipp, as they take you through the ins and outs of crafting your unique true story and how to best share you and your story the world.
Does the idea of writing a book feel overwhelming? Do you find yourself struggling to know where to start? You’re not alone. What you need is a proven plan. And trusted guides to help you apply it.
Is there a book on your heart?
- What is keeping you from completing (or starting) the book that’s been on your heart and mind (maybe for years…)?
- Does God keep prompting you to write, but you keep putting it off until you “have time”?
- Would time away with professional writers (and no dishes) make a difference when it comes to making progress?
- And what about spending time away talking, connecting, and dreaming with other writers?
Your Writers in Residence are some of the industry’s most dedicated and talented people in the business. Where else do you get an opportunity to pitch your ideas and transcripts to writers and editors? Meet our writers in residence:
If you’re interested in future event dates (those not currently posted) at the Red House, click on the button below to sign up for alerts. We’ll only send you email about the happenings at The Red House.
Nestled into the El Dorado National Forest on 32 acres of trees and trails, the Red House Writing Retreat is just the place to focus on the writer God placed inside of you.